Saturday 5 December 2009

Side Stepping into Christmas


As promised earlier I am sharing another of my Christmas cards with you. I've noticed recently that step cards and side step cards seem to be quite popular out there in blog land. I've never made a side step card before so I thought I would try it out.

I started with a 13.5cm x 13.5cm (5 1/4" x 5 1/4") card as my base and worked out my score/cutting lines from there. The card was covered using papers from Artylicious Season's Greetings CD Rom. I used the house stamp from Elusive Images, Snow is Falling Rubber Stamp Themeplate and stamped this twice onto smooth white card using Archival Black ink. The images were then coloured with Copic Markers. These were matted and layered with Artylicious papers and Silver card. The snowflakes from JudiKins, Sentiment and tag (Craft Stamper free stamp, November Issue) were all stamped using Colorbox Chalk inks. The card was assembled as per the picture and then Glossy Accents and fine holographic glitter were added to give the finishing touch.

Why not try this out for yourselves!

Sue

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card very seasonal and the colours really make it look wintery.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Only tried this once with a small card. Love the stamps you used. Anesha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Sue. I really like the wintry colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete