Friday 17 February 2017

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our January 2017 challenge is

Lucyna Marynowska (aka Lula)



Lula won the challenge with this amazing project. The colours, the texture, the details... everything is truly stunning!






We asked Lula a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I have been a stamper for 5 years. I got started when I accidentally attended a crafty meeting taking place at my friend's home. I immediately became an addicted stamp- and- paper lover.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A: I think my favourite kind of stamps are texture, detail and background stamps . I like quote and sentiment stamps too. Sometimes I also use image stamps. My favourite stamp company is Paper Artsy.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: Definitely a messy one. I don't enjoy just colouring stamps. I love all colour, texture, collage – all things mixed media. I have a really good time inking, splashing, misting and spraying my pieces in search of that perfect colour combo and design. It is an awesome adventure!



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: I started as a card maker, then I discovered mixed media and now I enjoy making almost anything from tags to art journaling. I love altered art projects and I am always happy to be involved in creative upcycling.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: It is gesso- essential to create backgrounds, texture and to finish off  projects. I use white and black gesso almost in every project.



We also asked Lula to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:






"My first project is an altered sardine can. Have made couple of these. I love doing them! I used my favourite colours here along with some junk from my drawer" -Lula

"The second project is a home decor I made recycling old  manual book. The piece includes some fabric, thread and metal pieces. It embellishes my scrap room now" -Lula


Congratulations on being our January Design Winner Lula , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp -Anything Goes" is still open for a few more days! Don't forget the wonderful prize of a £25 gift voucher for Seven Hills Crafts!

  All the details can be found HERE.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks bunches for showcasing me! I am so honoured and happy! Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see Lula here and find out more about her too! Her art is always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biggest congratulations Lula! What beautiful projects and a well deserved feature. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous projects Lula, it's been great to see more of your work, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete